The SPCA Serving Allegany County
The SPCA Serving Allegany County was founded in Cuba, New York, in 1911, and in 1974, it
became an incorporated society. Sometime in the 1980's our first ever shelter facility
was built in the Town of Willing, at 1374 State Route 19 South. Today, our organization
is a registered charity in New York State, with IRS 501 (c) 3 tax exempt status.
The SPCA's mission is to attend to the needs of the abandoned, neglected, and abused companion animals of Allegany County. In addition to the daily care of the animals at the shelter, the SPCA focuses on and makes every attempt to rehabilitate and adopt shelter animals into kind and loving homes. Our shelter is among the ever-increasing number of leading, innovative, no-kill animal shelters in the United States; only animals that are terminally ill, such as with rabies or are severly injured are euthanized.
The SPCA is an active participant in a nation-wide program to spay and neuter all dogs
and cats that are adopted from our shelter. This is a positive contribution toward the
reduction of healthy but unwanted animals in Allegany County and the nation, and it
contributes immensely toward controlling that population.
Change is constant at the SPCA shelter. Animals in great need of care and compassion
continually arrive as others are adopted out into their forever homes. As always we have
a list of animals awaiting entry to the shelter, and we thank all the wonderful people
who open their homes and hearts by serving as foster parents until there is room for them.
The SPCA Serving Allegany County does not receive any governmental funding. The
organization relies solely on donations and fundraising events. SPCA Board Members,
Employees and Volunteers all work tirelessly to raise the required operating funds. The
public in Allegany County, as well as surrounding counties, continues to be very
supportive of our efforts in this direction.